Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sketching






















Last weekend I visited the new Barnes Foundation in Philadelphia. Loved it
but its a major amount of art to look at. By the time I got to the 2nd floor I had it.
The 2nd floor will be for a future trip. My only complaint with his collection is that
there are way too many Renoirs.. Blah, I don't like them, too sappy and mushy.
But the rest is pretty extraordinary! It was Friday night and they
had a Latin band playing in the huge beautiful atrium, That was a delight, a glass of
Prosseco (and I don't usually drink because of my migraines, but this was so good)!
a small bite to eat and just hanging out sketching the people sitting around.
Below are some snail sketches for my class. My final looks nothing like this
but they were fun to create, The finished is coming soon.




1 comment:

poppylocke said...

Lovely sketches :) Sounds like a fun evening!